Sunday, March 27, 2011

The shadow of Your wings

I love this new TV series "Fairly Legal"
in this particular episode I watched this morning...
there is a scene where a daughter, Kate Reed, misses her deceased father.
She said "When Teddy (her dad) was here, it feels like I fit in every puzzle"
a judge who listened to her statement said "That man (Teddy) knows to put things together"

I sometimes miss my dad in Indo, too. I remembered when I was a kid, I can always run to him with any problems that I had and he was always able to rescue me, to provide me a way out, to give me the view of the big picture.
Now, being a grown-up, I feel I'm quite alone. My father is not as powerful as he was before and I feel that I need to face my own dilemmas alone...

However, somehow, a tiny whisper slip through my ear "You can always hide under the shadow of My wings"

I said in my heart, "That's right."

I am reminded that God has this HUGE wings (He is always portrayed as an eagle- do you ever know how big the eagle's wings are?Adult eagles have a wing span of about 7 feet, yet they only weigh 12 pounds on average!)
Whenever I feel sad, whenever I want to run away from things, He is there for me.
He can rescue me, I am safe under His wings.

My God -my Heavenly Father, knows how to put things together- His promises in Romans 8:28 said, "in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose. "

How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of Your wings. ~Psalm 36:7

1 comment:

  1. Babe, I had a similar epiphany years ago.. what I got from that is "Now you'll become the one whose shoulder your kids can run to. It's your turn now."
    God is our Rock. It's our job to point out kids to that Rock.

    ReplyDelete