Thursday, October 20, 2011

phós : φῶς : Illuminate


"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden." Matthew 5: 14

This morning, as I put on the diamond jewelries into the cases that have lights installed in them, I notice that the diamonds glare beautifully and the cases lit up against the gloomy Seattle sky today.

This makes me think about our lives as children of God. We should lit up like that cases because we have Jesus in our lives. We should shine. Am I shining against the gloomy world? What can I do to shine? - more Lights perhaps? (the diamonds shine more inside the cases because of the newly installed lights in the cases :P)

5457
phṓs (a neuter noun) – properly, light (especially in terms of its results, what it manifests); in the NT, the manifestation of God's self-existent life; divine illumination to reveal and impart life, through Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment