Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Freedom

Lately this verse is ringing in my head.....

"Freedom reigns in this place
Showers of mercy and grace
Falling on every face
There is freedom"

There is Freedom in knowing and trusting Jesus......
Lately I feel i am in the bondage of discontentment.
Discontented of where I live, I work, 
where I am in education and financial. 
I don't know whether it is "pre-30 years old- syndrome"
But, plain and simple. I WANT MORE. MORE OF THE WORLD.
This morning's devotion really struck me:
James 4: 4
"You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship 
with the world is hostility toward God ? 
Therefore whoever  wishes to be a friend of the world 
makes himself an enemy of God."

The whole verse in James 4 coming true for me. 
I want more of the world because I have pride.
I want to boast or stand on my own knowledge, 
my own financial security,
my, my, my, and mine.
However, God reminds me this morning, 
what is needed is just ONE THING.

DWELL in HIS PRESENCE where there is FREEDOM, 
there is FULLNESS of JOY.

CHOSE WISELY and CONTROL YOUR THOUGHTS...

Lord, I pray that I will be conformed 
more like You and letting Your words 
change me instead of me pursuing the world further. 
Teach me to rest securely in You 
and put You first above all else. 
I know that You love me. 
You know and want the best for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment