Thursday, February 2, 2012

Narrow gate

Today's devotion by Charles Stanley gives me new meaning to the Narrow Gate passage in the Bible:
"Enter through the narrow gate ; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." Matthew 7:13-14


I always thought it is just that God's way is always harder, and more strict. But, I have never thought about the passage when people mocked me as "narrow-minded Christian" I used to take it as an offense and challenged to broaden my view. This new revelation gives me assurance that indeed God's way is narrow (like how oxen usually have their eyes blocked on the sides so that they can focus) I will learn to focus more on God's way and less worry about the worldly opinion.

Most part of the Bible is hard to understand by reason, that's when FAITH the essence of Christianity comes in and relationship with God to bring you REVELATION that will keep your love and passion for Christ burning.


Source:
http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/in-touch/in-touch-feb-2-2012.html



No comments:

Post a Comment