Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Jealousy

James 3:13-18
13 Who among you is wise and understanding ? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. 16 For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing. 17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. 18 And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace

My heart was really troubled yesterday since it was filled with jealousy. I was jealous of couple of my friends who get new -better -jobs. It is so easy for greed to creep out from inside of me even though the hour before I was very grateful of my loving husband, supportive friends & family, and having stable income.
Thank God today for reminding me to sow in the Spirit. Be peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy.Lord, I am sorry for being so ungrateful. Please restore my joy and my peace in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment