Monday, October 4, 2010

God's Pursuant of Us -2-

After hearing some of my friends' thoughts, I am reminded that God pursues us both for salvation and sanctification- as relentlessly- thank you Marini for reminding me this. Even after our salvation, God never stop to pursue us for sanctification- I think some people became "great" - Moses, Paul, Peter not only because they repented, but also because they responded to God's calling in their lives. They do not take their salvation lightly, but instead, they kept on responding to God's pursuit.
Take an example of Peter- Even after Peter's denials, and after his hanging out with Jesus all the times- Peter chose to go back to being a fisherman after Jesus' crucifixion.
Jesus never stop pursuing Peter (Jesus reinstated Peter in John 21 - after the resurrection of Jesus) - Jesus filled Peter with the Holy Spirit- Jesus continues to pour out visions in Peter's life.

Being caught up on the issue of election/salvation- I overlook this profound truth. I forgot that after us receiving Him, [true that we have to work out on our salvation with fear and trembling (phil 2:12) ] I realized that He still lavishly pour out His love and grace on us... He surely will deliver us in times of need, He will continue changing and molding us into His perfect image. I truly believes that God never stop to love us, never stop pursuing, chasing after our own hearts.
He just IS love..

"I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear Him and do what is right." Acts 10:34

No comments:

Post a Comment