Thursday, October 21, 2010

These past few days...
I keep on thinking and praying for the people around me that ran away or has back-slided from God's love...
I keep on wondering how's that happen?

Do they stop feeling God's love?
or......do they just being stubborn and say that they no longer need God's love?
Has the church failed to embrace them?

Matt Chandler from the Village Church once warned that people should stop preaching about Moralistic Therapeutic Deism, since it is only God's love that can transform people from the inside out to being a better person.

This song keeps on rising in my head whenever I think about this...

You are my all in all

You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking You like a precious jewel
Lord, to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all

I am not saying that I have not ran away from God before, but I am just glad that He never gave up on me and I have responded to that love since.
Even since the beginning, when Adam and Eve fell into sin, God- the All Knowing God- still looked for them and embraced them that time.

Psalm 139. Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence? If I go up to the heavens, You are there; if I make my bed in the depths, You are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.



1 comment:

  1. I think one of the reasons for back sliding is that people aren't aware that they CAN back slide, WILL back slide if they're not careful, and the consequences of back sliding. Perhaps they have the notion of "once save, always saved."
    Every Christian needs to be careful and don't let our hearts climb out of God's circle of love/protection, by praying, worshiping, reading Bible, being in community, etc.

    But.. what if after people know about it, they still choose to back slide and, in essence, commit idolatry? God have mercy on those.

    ReplyDelete