Thursday, November 25, 2010

++ Happy Thanksgi\/ing ++

I was reading an excerpt from a friend's note earlier on Thanksgiving:
"Thanksgiving is a spiritual exercise, necessary to the building of a healthy soul. It takes us out of the stuffiness of ourselves into the fresh breeze and sunlight of the will of God. The simple act of thanking Him is for most of us an abrupt change of activity, a break from work and worry, a move toward re-creation."

This morning, on thanksgiving day, I choose to give thanks to God for my life: for His never ending love (Romans 8:38-39); for my family and friends.
I give thanks for I am wonderfully and fearfully made.
I give thanks that He ordained my paths (the ups and downs- all of my dreams and all my regrets)

I am even reminded this morning that I really thank God for the snow these past three days..
While others have problems with their commutes, God is gracious to me, that I don't have any problems at all. In addition, I even has super great time spent with Jack! Thank God for his 4WD car-Panda- that takes us everywhere safely, and of course, it's all God's protections...

Regardless, even if I got stuck for hours in the snow, I will still be thankful that in those moments, I can reflect on God's awesomeness. He created the Heaven and Earth, complete with the 4 seasons in mind...He is a detail-oriented God! and I can be sure that He has intricate and awesome plans in my life if only I am willing to lift it up on His hands :)

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever. -Psalm 136:1

No comments:

Post a Comment