Tuesday, November 9, 2010

-Pride-

" 18 First pride, then the crash—
the bigger the ego, the harder the fall.
19 It's better to live humbly among the poor
than to live it up among the rich and famous." Proverbs 16:18-19

Just a gentle reminder from God about pride.

Yesterday, after picking me up from the airport, JS hung around in my house. I had my AMP Bible laying around on my coffee table. Then I picked it up, and told him that it is torn half-way. He asked me why I keep the torn Bible - that originally he thought was romance novel :P- and I said, because then people will know that I read the Bible a lot (I said that kinda jokingly)
Then he goes "But.... that's... pride -.-""
I was just laughing as I joke about it.

But, later at night, this conversation keeps popping up in my head.
Was I really only joking?
Am I prideful?

Reminded also when I went shopping with my brother this past few days. We went shopping without even looking at the price-tags. We went to Saks Fifth and Burberry as if they are Macys and Express >.< "It's better to live humbly among the poor than to live it up among the rich and famous."

My friend once said, "Once you have the money, it is easy to live like the rich and famous, but to maintain your lifestyle low- it's a challenge"
I am challenged. I want to be a low maintenance servant for God's glory.

Forgive me, Lord if I have pride in my heart. Search me, know my thoughts, and lead me to the way of the everlasting. Let it be only to God be the honor and the glory. Forever and Ever.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment