Friday, August 12, 2022

Quiet Time

 I kept on thinking of why my UTI symptoms only exist when I am on vacation. A reason is that I am more stressful without my knowing? I don't know.

But, this morning - I came to realization that it might because I finally have time for myself. Finally, I can listen to my body. Normally, day to day, I am busy preparing stuffs for my early riser, Tiara. My days starts at 6:00am preparing my lunch, Tiara's lunch and breakfast as well as her after school stuffs. After work, I would pick up Tiara, takes her to her multiple activities....then dinner and "me" time of watching my TV show, study, my fun thing, etc. 

But, all of them are "do" "do" "do". Even my quiet time with the Lord mostly filled with me reading and journaling vs meditating/prayers/"quiet" time.

I barely have quiet time. I thank God for this season that now I have enough quiet time where I can just meditate on God's words. 

I used to not being able to wrap my head arounds "meditating God's law day and night" as I was like "how" - my minds are so occupied with 10,000 other things. Now, I know. I crave God's words - day and night because that's where I draw my strength and hope. That's what I need- like my food and snacks.

"Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners,
nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night." Psalm 1:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment