Thursday, March 25, 2010

Follow Your Heart?

I have been hearing people saying to me
"Follow Your Heart."
Same statement echoes over and over from people around me.
I don't know whether it is the right thing to do.

is your heart = your feeling= your mood?
feeling is fickle.
it is constantly changing depending on my circumstances....
If I decide to follow my heart, I certainly will waver.....
losing my focus, miss my mark, getting no where.

The bible said:
"The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" Jeremiah 17:9
"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander." Matthew 15:19

I decide to remind myself to align my mind and my heart to God's word everyday so that I can be renewed and transformed. Praying that it will never be my feeling that guide me, but it is God's word, which is the ultimate truth.

"I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve." Jer 17:10

3 comments:

  1. Follow your conscience to do the God's work, not your heart - Benny Hinn. Nice blog ce !! Gbu

    ReplyDelete
  2. oiiii.....surprised km bacaaa :P
    all the best in book writing nyaaa!
    waiting for the first published copy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read an article recently that supports my thoughts
    http://www.boundless.org/2005/articles/a0001641.cfm

    "The basic idea behind that kind of thinking also surfaces in what is becoming an ever increasingly popular logic in our culture: "Just follow your heart." Certainly, God designed us in a way so that we can use what we feel in our hearts to help guide us. But basing our decision solely on our heart can lead us down the wrong path.

    The heart may not lie, but an unchecked heart can deceive."

    ReplyDelete