Sunday, March 21, 2010

-WWJD-

A friend of mine posted a status in her facebook "a husband who treats his wife and kids like crap doesn't deserve a second chance." ; as a woman, my immediate reaction was to click the "like" button; going to post another nasty comment of wanting the husband to burn in hell. However, there is a gentle whisper in my heart. I paused.

WWJD. What would Jesus Do?

As a Christian, many times I have failed to act as little Christ. How many times have I followed my own flesh and disregarded the virtues that His words encouraged me to pursue.

I am reminded to have a little pause before I judge or evaluate a situation.
Inquire God. Mediate on His words day and night.
Selah.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. ~ Galatians 5:22


No comments:

Post a Comment