Friday, September 10, 2010

-Be Yourself-

I am back to the Taiwanese drama fever -.-""

I recently watched "Miss No Good" 不良笑花 / Bu Liang Xiao Hua
The movie is cute. It is about this girl, Xiao Hua, that's trying so hard to get a makeover, so that she can behave like the upper class ladies to impress some people.

Thinking more after the movie, sometimes I realize that I do that too....Even though I am fully aware that I have "people-pleaser" mentality, many times I unconsciously pretend being someone that I am not in front of certain people or certain social clubs...


But, im really glad that many times, God reminds me that He loves me just the way I am and He made me special- only one in this Earth (do you realize that there are no one on earth shares exact genes, even twins :))


"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

"I am deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on the earth by the Master Craftsman." Max Lucado
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.” ~Andre Gide

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Theodor Seuss Geisel

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing wrong with pleasing people. It means you're very flexible. The Bible also says
    "Make every effort to live in peace and harmony with people." Romans 12:18 and other places.

    But your self-worth comes only from God, not from people.

    ReplyDelete